My Coast, My Community Video Competition
Do you have a hero in your community that you want to acknowledge who’s been important to you and your coastal neighbors? Is there someone who’s making a difference in your community? We want to hear your story.
If you are in grades 9-12 in the 2018-19 school year, we want to hear about the inspiring people you know in your community who make it a better place to live and work. This community hero could be your PE teacher, a fisherman, a retiree who picks up beach trash, or your friend who rides his/her bike to school in order to reduce their carbon footprint.
Make an engaging maximum two minute video about someone in your community who makes a difference and you could win up to $750 in prizes!
- Submission deadline is October 1, 2018
- Make the video by yourself or with a group of up to 5 members total
- Students enrolled at a school in Clallam, Jefferson, Gray’s Harbor, Pacific, or Wahkiakum counties are eligible
- The group with the winning video in each county will be awarded $250 in gift cards to Amazon and other stores
- The grand prize will be an experience in your county worth $500. You get to pick the experience! Some options include having a bonfire BBQ on the beach with your friends, learning how to surf, or touring a shellfish farm.
Questions? Contact the Surfrider Leadership Academy at email@example.com.
Who we are:
The 2017 Surfrider Leadership Academy (SLA) Alumni are a network of empowered leaders and passionate stakeholders that care deeply about the heritage, culture and resilience of our Washington coast; where we work, play and raise our families. We strive to create pride through education to build a legacy of conservation and sustainable economic development.
Thank you to the following sponsors for your support: