The Grays Harbor County Marine Resources Committee hosted a science forum at Grays Harbor Community College on Tuesday, November 17th. It turned out to be one of the worst days of weather we’ve seen this year, but that didn’t stop 50+ people from attending!
An excellent series of presenters discussed a variety of issues relating to coastal shorelines. Those presentations are available below in PDF format.
- Understanding our Dynamic Coastline: How the Past Informs the Present and Future
- George Kaminsky, Washington State Department of Ecology
- Envisioning Grays Harbor County Coastal Futures: Adapting to Climate Change Impacts on Coastal Hazards
- Peter Ruggiero, Oregon State University
- GIS Maps for Sea Level Rise Planning
- Julia Sanders, Global Ocean Health
- Using Vulnerability Assessments and SLAMM to Improve Coastal Resiliency and Habitat Protection along the Washington Coast
- Molly Bogeberg, The Nature Conservancy